We offer individual psychotherapy for adults experiencing a range of mental health concerns and life stressors. Underlying each of our therapy services are the evidence-based schools of psychotherapy that guide our work. These include Humanistic, Relational, Psychodynamic, Neuro-Somatic, Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT), Trauma-informed, Mindfulness-based and Existential psychotherapies.
In a nutshell, this means we believe:
- therapy is your time and you lead the way;
- a genuine connection between you and your therapist creates an essential foundation for deeper exploration, experimentation and transformation;
- the past influences the present and can shed light on what is going on today;
- the body’s neurobiology and patterned neural pathways are an integral part of feeling and healing;
- patterned ways of thinking and behaving impact well-being and thus can be areas to explore for skill building and meaningful change;
- there are big-T traumas and small-t traumas and they impact us profoundly in a multitude of ways;
- Learning and practicing mindfulness helps develop curiosity, self-compassion and increased awareness so choices and change can happen;
- purpose and meaning and the big life questions are part of healing and growth.
Whether you are in a transition, feeling overwhelmed, sad, stuck, or grieving, navigating a relationship, or longing for a sense of belonging — growing, healing, or just maintaining; we want to meet you there.
Our experience spans an array of approaches to tailor each session to your needs and goals. In addition to traditional talk therapy, our clinicians are trained in creative arts therapies and/or mindbody healing arts. And although we list the modalities of Talk Therapy, Art Therapy, Dance-Movement Therapy, and Yoga Therapy separately, therapy sessions are more likely to be a blend. In this way, traditional talk therapy is enhanced and deepened by the power of the creative process and the wisdom held deep within the body. This is Integrative Psychotherapy.