We offer individual psychotherapy for adults experiencing a range of mental health concerns and life stressors. Our core values of connection, compassion, and collaboration underlie our approach. All of our clinicians are trained in and guided by the evidence-based schools of psychotherapy that include: Humanistic, Relational, Psychodynamic, Neuro-Somatic, Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT), Trauma-informed, Mindfulness-based and Existential psychotherapies.
In a nutshell, this means we believe:
- therapy is your time and you lead the way;
- a genuine connection between you and your therapist is an essential foundation for deeper work and positive outcomes;
- the past influences the present and can shed light on what is going on today;
- the body’s neurobiology and patterned nervous system pathways are an integral part of feeling and healing;
- patterned ways of thinking and behaving impact well-being and thus can be areas to explore for skill building and meaningful change;
- there are big-T traumas and small-t traumas and they impact us profoundly in a multitude of ways;
- learning and practicing mindfulness helps develop curiosity, self-compassion and increased awareness so choices and change can happen;
- purpose and meaning and the big life questions are part of the human experience and personal fulfillment.
Many of our clients are adults asking the “who am I” questions. They come to us to explore, express and discover themselves, perhaps for the first time or perhaps as part of a lifelong process. Whether a break-up or a break down, a trauma or loss, being new to New York or feeling stuck in a career, first sent them to therapy, what they all have in common is a desire to feel more authentic, more connected, and to live life with more ease and joy, more passion and purpose.
Whether you are in a transition, feeling overwhelmed, sad, lost, or grieving, finding yourself overreacting, navigating a relationship, or longing for a sense of belonging — growing, healing, or just maintaining; we want to meet you there.
We specialize in working with clients with the following issues:
Anxiety • Boundaries • Communication • Career Direction • Depression • Eating & Body Image • Emotional Regulation • Existential (Meaning/Purpose) • Gender & Sexuality • Identity • Life Transitions • Loneliness • Loss & Grief • Medical Illness • Relationships • Self-Esteem • Shame • Spirituality • Stress • Substance Dependence/Abuse • Trauma/PTSD • Women’s Issues • Work/Life Balance • And the intersectionality of any of the above.
Our experience spans an array of psychotherapy modalities so we can tailor each session to holistically meet your needs and goals. In addition to traditional talk psychotherapy, our clinicians are trained in creative arts therapies and/or bodymind healing arts. And although we list the modalities of Talk Therapy, Art Therapy, Dance-Movement Therapy, and Yoga Therapy separately, psychotherapy sessions are more likely to be an integrated blend. In this way, traditional talk psychotherapy is enhanced and deepened by the power of the creative process and the wisdom held deep within the body. This is Integrative Psychotherapy.